READIPOP IN SCHOOLS AND EDUCATION
- African hand drumming
- Samba carnival drumming
- Ukelele and voice
- Live music technology eg. Kaoss Pads, iPads and more
- Composition using graphic scores & soundtracks
- DJ and music production
WHOLE CLASS INSTRUMENT TUITION
Readipop delivers popular, accessible First Access Ukulele workshops in primary schools. We can offer whole class Ukulele tuition to Primary Schools in Berkshire free of charge for up to half an academic year. This normally takes the form of weekly in-class lessons leading up to a performance in school. This work is funded by the Berkshire Music Education Hub via Arts Council and the Department For Education. Contact us for more information.
Arts Awards supports young people to develop as artists and art leaders. Children and young people aged up to 25 can participate in music workshops to acheive a national qualification. The award builds confidence, helps young people to enjoy cultural activities, and prepares them for further education or employment. Readipop is an Arts Award centre and Arts Award supporter so we can deliver a full programme including assessment of awards at Discover & Explore level through to Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Readipop is an Artsmark Partner and support schools to gain Artsmark status. As an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation we can provide access to high quality creative experiences and bespoke music and arts projects. We can also give advice and support to find and write funding bids as well as help to monitor and evaluate your creative activity for reports to funders, partners and Artsmark.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England.
- Artsmark provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum.
- Schools in the South are supported throughout their Artsmark journey by our regional Bridge Organisations Artswork – providing training, advice, practical teaching resources and introductions to leading cultural organisations in your area.
- Schools are awarded Silver, Gold or Platinum, based on their achievements.
- Artsmark has a common sense application process that is light on paperwork and flexible to each school.
PROJECTS FOR ADULTS & OLDER PEOPLE
NETWORKING TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Culture and Arts Networking programme in partnership with Jelly and Reading Cultural Education Partnership, funded by ArtsWork.
What People are Saying
“The particular model and practice that I observed was the most genuinely inclusive I have ever seen”
Graeme Surtees, The Stables
“Engaging Young People”
“Each of the staff you sent were just right in leading sessions and engaging young people”
Oxfordshire Youth Offending Service
“I was greatly impressed with the Urban Orchestra in MK”
David Rose, Milton Keynes Music Hub
“A Strong Reputation”
“Readipop has a strong reputation for delivering innovative and engaging arts projects”
Hannah Dix, Arts Officer, Reading Borough Council
- Mini Project
- Reading On Tour- Music Heritage Trail
- Glitch Club
- Amersham Road
- Whitley Soundtracks
- Neighbourhood Learning in Deprived Communities
- Break 4 Change
- Blessed Hugh Faringdon Samba
- Weekend Warriors Outreach
- Get Grandad to DJ
- Band Academy & Saturday Samba School
- Summer Music Week
- Organisation Transformation
- Banned Sessions
- Amersham Road Music Project- Youth Music Partner Project
- Band Camp & Rock Academy
- Bishop’s Green
- Urban Orchestra
- Cranbury College Pupil Referral Unit
- Bucklebury Rural Music Project
- Weekend Warriors
- Moorside Music Project
- Dhoom Dhamaka Indian Music Workshops
© 2018 Readipop