READIPOP IS SEEKING A FREELANCE/SELF-EMPLOYED BOOKKEEPER
20+ hours per month. Rate: £20-25 per hour depending on experience.
Start date: 1 February 2024
We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced and adaptable bookkeeper.
Hours are typically 20 per month (more in run up to and during Readipop Festival in July and for the duration of a capital project due to start in 2024. (Likely maximum hours: 30-35 per month).
Working from home but with regular visits to the Readipop office (weekly initially and then every other week).
The role involves a small monthly payroll using Brightpay payroll software. Knowledge and awareness of the Not for Profit/Charity sector and Arts Council reporting will be an advantage.
- Processing of supplier/contractor/freelance invoices/payments
- Updating records for invoices issued and payments received
- Maintenance of all accounting records and completion of appropriate reconciliations
- Obtaining approval for and making supplier/freelance/contractor payments in a timely manner
- Processing of monthly payroll using Brightpay payroll software including dealing with auto-enrolment pension provider and DWP as required
- Making salary/HMRC payments and pension uploads in a timely manner
- Assisting the Creative Director & Operations Director in producing reports as required for Trustee board meetings
- Assisting the Creative Director & Operations Director with reporting and financial requirements of external funders
- Ad hoc report production as required (for example – budgets/forecasts or supporting documentation for external funder reports)
- Producing year end analysis, reports and reconciliations as required for the production of the Annual Accounts. Liaison with External Accountant.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experienced and confident Xero user (at least 3 years).
- At least 2 years’ payroll experience.
- Knowledge and awareness of the Not for Profit/Charity sector will be an advantage.
- Experience of reporting to Arts Council England will be an advantage.
We are hoping to appoint in January/February 2024. Our current bookkeeper leaves at the end of Feb 2024 and we’d like to arrange a handover in Feb.
Any questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Email your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
2. Potential interview candidates will be contacted to have an informal online chat (eg. via Facetime or Zoom).
This will be an opportunity for us to char about your relevant experience and for you to ask questions about Readipop prior to a visit to our studios and an interview with our current bookkeeper.
We will accept applications from suitable freelancers through December and January. We will contact applicants throughout this process with a view to agreeing terms in January ahead of a handover period in February 2024.
Please contact us if you have access requirements or any questions about the application form or process on firstname.lastname@example.org